Monday, January 26, 2009

My favorite puppy


Here is a photo of my favorite puppy (~3 months old) at the shelter. He came in about two weeks ago and is so malnourished that he walks on his ankles partially. I've seen this before with some of the shelter dogs, it also happens when they are kenneled too long and don't have enough opportunity to walk and develop their joints and muscles properly. He is doing better now, but you can still see every bone in his body. At any rate, I fell in love with this guy at first sight because he looks just like my beloved Sidney, and has a similar malnourished background as my precious Sabrina. This one really hits home. I am waiting for the vets at the shelter to approve him for a foster home with one of our volunteers, but if anyone is interested before that...I've thought about just bringing him home myself, but I'm pretty sure Ryan would make me pack my bags!!

No comments: